40 laser treatments you can do in the dental office
The laser technology is used more and more, not only in dentistry but also in many medical applications. The laser is nothing but a simple light. The main difference from other lights is that the laser emits at a certain wavelength. This wavelength gives the characteristic properties to every type of laser.
In dentistry we use 2 kinds of lasers. The lasers for soft tissues (gums) and the lasers for hard & soft tissues (gums, teeth and bone). The Er: YAG and the Er, Cr: YSGG lasers can be used for several procedures on the teeth, the gums and the bone. Changing some parameters of the devices, we can do many different things. Some of the applications of the lasers in the dentistry are as follows:
1. Removal of caries without pain (replacing the drill).
2. Roughening the surface of the tooth, in order to achieve better bonding of the composite.
3. Treatment for sensitive teeth that hurt in cold, warm, sweet or sour stimulus.
4. Sterilization of the tooth after caries removal.
5. Treating the pulp to avoid the endodontic treatment (in too deep caries).
6. Roughening and simultaneous sterilization in permanent teeth in children, prior to the application of the sealants.
7. Teeth whitening.
8. Deep cleaning and enlargement of the root canals.
9. Disinfection and sterilization of the root canals. The laser can kill the microorganisms deeply in the dentin tubules.
10. Dramatically deeper penetration of irrigation solution for perfect decontamination.
TREATMENT OF GINGIVITIS AND PERIODONTITIS
11. Decontamination of gums and teeth by bacteria, viruses and fungi.
12. De-epithelialization of the gums, which allows connective tissue to regenerate faster than epithelium. This technique leads the gums to re-connect to the teeth.
13. Bio-stimulation of the gums. The laser gives the necessary energy that the gums need to regenerate.
14. The laser can remove swollen gums, infected tissues, cysts etc. without pain, blood or sutures.
15. Aesthetic procedures in swollen, red, crooked or uneven gums. Of course the laser is a perfect tool for the treatment of the gummy smile.
16. Gum depigmentation (gum bleaching). The laser can remove selectively the melanin from the gums.
17. Removal of cysts, fibromas and tumors in a few seconds without blood, pain, scalpels and sutures.
18. Creating incisions without a scalpel, without blood and with better healing.
19. Removal of gum tissues in order to have a better view to the tooth, when the decay is deep is the gingival sulcus.
20. Gingival troughing for crown impressions.
21. Frenectomy when the strong frenulum causes a diastema between the teeth.
22. Removal of swollen, red gums due to poor oral hygiene in orthodontic patients.
24. Smoothing of the gums in case of unevenness and asymmetry of the gums at the end of the treatment.
25. Creating the incision on the gums for the implant placement.
26. Creating the initial osteotomy for the implant placement.
27. Removing hyperplastic gums from the area to be implanted.
28. Easy uncover of the implants without scalpel, sutures, blood and pain.
29. Cleaning, removal of infected tissues and disinfection right after the extraction of the tooth to be replaced by an implant.
30. Smoothing of the gum tissues around the implants.
31. Treatment of the periimplantitis.
32. Cleaning and disinfection of the implant surface without damage on the implant surface.
33. Removal of moles, cysts or tumors.
34. Removal of age spots.
35. Treatment of wrinkles, scars, wounds or ulcers.
36. Skin rejuvenation.
37. Disinfection and cleaning of infected tissues.
38. Treatment of cold sores caused by the herpes virus.
39. Treatment of aphtha’s ulcers.
40. Treatment of pain due to TMJ disorders.
- Προβολές: 2433